Dear Lecturers of Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana (UKSW),
Attached down here is the information about Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists from Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Germany.
Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists DAAD
The aim of this particular program is to support short-term research stays and thus promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Who can apply?
University teachers and established academics and scientists who have usually completed a doctoral degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country.
Former holders of fellowships from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are requested to contact first the Humboldt Foundation.
What can be funded?
- Research stays at the state or state-recognized institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. A research stay can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors, and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Other payments cannot be made.
Health insurance coverage is mandatory in Germany. If you do not have a corresponding home health insurance, you will be insured by the DAAD. The costs will be deducted from the scholarship payment.
An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- academic achievements and recent publications which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- a convincing and well-planned research project
Contact and Consultation
information and advisory centers:
source information link: daad.de/go/en/stipa50015456